Application and Guidelines For Meeting Space and Grounds Use
Application should be submitted to the Library Director at least one month in advance of date the premises are needed. All applications must be approved by the Library Board of Directors at a regular board meeting. Meetings usually take place the fourth Monday of each month.
Library sponsored activities take precedence over outside requests for use of either the meeting space or the grounds.
Outside groups may use the facilities under the following conditions:
- Use is limited to groups whose objectives are educational, cultural, or civic in nature.
- The Library Board of Directors must approve all fees charged to the public, whether for admission, materials, or other reasons.
- The group must assign one person to be responsible for proper use of the facility in accordance with the Bethel Public Library Building and Grounds Use Policy and with these guidelines.
- The facility must be left in the original condition in which it was found. The applicant will be held responsible for loss or damage resulting from use.
- Trash or remains from activities must be placed in receptacles provided by the Library. Alcoholic beverages may not be served. Smoking is not permitted.
- The applicant is responsible for the preservation of order by those in attendance.
- Unless prior arrangements are made, a Library staff member must be on duty whenever a meeting room is used by an outside group other than the Friends of the Bethel Public Library. The staff member shall be compensated directly at the rate of time and one half for each hour or portion thereof which he/she works when meetings are not held during regular library hours.
- If the applicant requires the Library’s audio-visual equipment, the user must be thoroughly trained in advance and will be held responsible for any damage to hardware or software.
- If set up is required, a nominal fee may be charged.
- The Library Director has full authority to grant, refuse, or revoke permission to use the meeting space or the library grounds.